Pinacate Station is home to the Museum Store, which offers information, ticketing, refreshments, and our gift shop. There are restrooms located behind Pinacate Station.
CARHOUSE NO. 1
Carhouse No. 1 features narrow gauge city streetcars, such as 19th century horse cars, Los Angeles Railway “Yellow Cars”, a Japanese streetcar from 1898, and a San Francisco cable car.
CARHOUSE NO. 2
Carhouse No. 2 and the Standard Gauge Yard feature standard gauge electric locomotives, streetcars, and part of the Pacific Electric collection.
CARHOUSE NO. 4
Hugh Smith Carhouse No. 4 features large passenger, freight, and electric cars, including the Museum’s operating steam locomotive the Ventura County Railway No. 2, known familiarly as the VC2.
GRIZZLY FLATS ENGINE HOUSE NO. 6
Grizzly Flats Engine House No. 6 features narrow gauge steam locomotives, passenger and freight cars, the Ward Kimball collection, and related artifacts from the 1800’s.
THE MIDDLETON COLLECTION
The Middleton Collection, which is housed in two Rio Grande baggage cars, includes a century of toy and scale model railroad cars and locomotives, toy automobiles and trucks, railroad artifacts, and other historic items.
THOMAS F. GROSE ARCHIVAL FACILITY
The Thomas F. Grose Archival Facility is home to the Museum’s extensive archive collection, an interpretive center, and the Fred Harvey Museum - a museum dedicated to Fred Harvey and the Harvey Girls, who are credited with paving the way for civilized western travel.
PINACATE ROCK HOUSE
Pinacate Rock House is believed to be the oldest remaining building in the area. It was built as a store ca. 1882 by L.D. Reynolds, Pinacate’s postmaster. The building may also have served as a stage stop, where tired horses could be exchanged for fresh ones, aiding travelers on their way to San Jacinto.
Cottonwood Station last served as a lumberyard office near Perris Depot. It has been used as a small town station in several movies.
OIL JUNCTION STATION
Oil Junction Station was used for the communication and coordination of railroad operations. The Train Order Office is from the joint Southern Pacific and Sante Fe Oil City Branch north of Bakersfield.
MAINTENANCE OF WAY TOOL HOUSES
Maintenance of Way Tool Houses were located along train tracks and used to store maintenance equipment. The two Maintenance of Way Tool Houses are from the Sante Fe, at Perris and Redlands. The smaller Phone Booth is from the San Jacinto’s Alessandro Station.
HARBOR BELT LINE FERRY TERMINAL YARD OFFICE
The Harbor Belt Line Ferry Terminal Yard Office was used by the Yard Master to coordinate the moving and switching of railroad cars.
Museum Restoration Buildings
13 - Restoration Carhouse No. 3
14 - Motor Vehicle Shop
15 - Machine Shop 16 - Duke Dyer Wood Shop
17 - Signal Garden
18 - Keystone Digger
19 - Buffalo Springfield Compactor
21 - Solid State Substation No. 2
22 - Turntable 23 - Second Street House
24 - Pinacate Farm House
25 - Dispatcher's Office
26 - Museum Office
27 - Party Caboose
28 - Town Hall
29 - Union Oil Company Warehouse
20 - Rotary Converter Substation No. 1
1 - Pinacate Station
2 - Carhouse No. 1
3 - Carhouse No. 2
4 - Carhouse No. 4
5 - Grizzly Flats Engine House No. 6
6 - The Middleton Collection
7 - Thomas F. Grose Archival Facility
8 - Pinacate Rock House
9 - Cottonwood Station
10 - Oil Junction Station
11 - Maintenance of Way Tool Houses
12 - The Harbor Belt Line Ferry Terminal Yard Office
RESTORATION CAR HOUSE NO. 3
MOTOR VEHICLE SHOP
DUKE DYER WOOD SHOP
BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD COMPACTOR
ROTARY CONVERTER SUBSTATION NO. 1
SOLID STAGE SUBSTATION NO. 2
SECOND STREET HOUSE
UNION OIL COMPANY WAREHOUSE