Go “Behind the Scenes” at the Museum and see what goes into maintaining the West’s largest collection of rail cars, enjoy exciting food truck cuisine, and end your day with a unique night photoshoot experience.
Behind The Scenes & Food Truck Fest
April 24, 2021
At this bi-annual all-day event, visitors get special access to locomotives, passenger and freight cars, streetcars, interurban electric cars and artifacts dating back to 1870.
Bring the family for a fun and fascinating day! Activities at Behind the Scenes will feature tours, and access to maintenance and restoration areas not normally open to the public (like Carhouse 7).
For an additional fee, get behind the throttle (under supervision) and run a real locomotive.
Exploring such a vast collection can really work up an appetite – and we’ve got you covered! Take some time and visit one (or all) of our food trucks who came out especially for you!
Admission includes unlimited rides on other classic passenger trains and streetcars of Southern California’s railroad past. This gated event supports museum operations and the continued restoration of historic rail cars and rail lines.
Visit https://socalrailway.org/scrm-events/night-photoshoot/ for details on a unique after-hours Night Photoshoot experience following Behind the Scenes.
April 24, 2021
- Behind the Scenes: Admission is free to members! Non-member Admission is $12 for ages 12 and up, $8 for children ages 5 to 11, and children ages 4 and under are free.
- Tickets available at the Box Office on the day of the event.
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Maintain social distance whenever possible
- Self-assess prior to visit, and do not attend the event if you are exhibiting any COVID related symptoms