Get “Behind the Scenes” at the Southern California Railway Museum in Perris, where volunteers operate, maintain and restore the West’s largest collection of vintage rail cars.
Behind The Scenes, Movie & Food Truck Festival
August 28, 2021
At this annual all-day event, visitors get special access and tours of locomotives, passenger and freight cars, streetcars, interurban electric cars and artifacts dating back to 1870.
Bring the family for a fun and fascinating day! Activities at Behind the Scenes will feature tours and special equipment operations. Visit Ruffulo Carhouse 7, a restoration shed filled with trains and trolleys that is not usually open to the public. Get special access to the pit where you can go underneath a street car and see how it works. For an additional fee, get behind the throttle (under supervision) and run a real locomotive. Enjoy other special equipment.
Admission includes unlimited rides on other classic passenger trains and streetcars of Southern California’s railroad past. This gated event supports museum operations and the continued restoration of historic rail cars and rail line.
- Behind the Scenes: Admission is free to members! Non-member Admission is $12 for ages 12 and up, $8 for children ages 5 to 11, and children ages 4 and under are free.
- Tickets available online and at the Box Office on the day of the event
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Maintain social distance whenever possible
- Self-assess prior to visit, and do not attend the event if you are exhibiting any COVID related symptoms