BBQ, Boots, & Brew
Saturday, May 22 2021
We are excited to announce SCRM’s inaugural KCBS BBQ Competition – BBQ, Boots, and Brew: a KCBS Sanctioned Master’s Series BBQ Competition– and invite you to participate!
The Southern California Railway Museum (SCRM) is excited to announce our inaugural BBQ Competition Event – BBQ, Boots and Brew: a KCBS Sanctioned Master’s SEries BBQ Competition!
Join us for a day full of amazing BBQ, unique craft beer, and live music. SCRM is inviting competitive BBQ teams to showcase some of their very best BBQ for a chance to win 1st place and earn points toward larger BBQ Competitions like the Jack Daniel’s World Championship. And, what would BBQ be without beer? For this reason SCRM has invited some of the finest craft breweries our Inland Empire Region has to offer.
In addition to the delicious food and drink we will have available this event will also feature Live Music performances by Country Music Artist Laura Bean (11am-1pm) and Southern Rock Group Kanan Road Band (1:30pm), and of course we will be operating our historic trains and trolleys.
There is really something for everyone at this event!
Master’s Series Contest has 4 main categories. Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork, and Brisket. The cooking source at a Master Series shall be of wood, wood pellets or charcoal. KCBS Rules and regulations apply. Master Series are eligible for American Royal and Jack Daniels World Championship, upon meeting qualifying criteria. In addition, all teams who participate in a Master Series earn points towards KCBS Team of the Year awards presented at KCBS’s annual banquet.
People’s Choice – KCBS Master’s Series Contestants as well as those not competing for the World Championship are also eligible to take part in the People’s Choice Competition. Please view additional information and download Team Application below.
Competing BBQ Teams:
5th Gear BBQ
7 Sins BBQ
Ant’s Backyard BBQ
Big Poppa Smokers
Big Red BBQ
Bull Market BBQ
El Titi Carnitas & BBQ
Hickory & Spice BBQ
Lady of Q
Meat Candy Q
One Thumb Barbeque
Pike’s Iron Wagon
Rock Band BBQ
Seven Sins BBQ
Simply Marvelous BBQ
Smoke & Swill
The BBQ Asylum
The Brisket Brothers
Two Brother’s Barbeque
May 22, 2021
SoCal Railway Museum
2201 S A. Street, Perris, CA 92570
- Adult Ages 21+ – $35 Admission which includes Parking, Event Entry & Open Exhibits, Train & Trolley Rides, 2 Included BBQ Tastings and 2 Included Beer Tastings.
- Adult Ages 12-20 or Alcohol-Free – $25 Admission includes Parking, Event Entry & Open Exhibits, Train & Trolley Rides, 2 Included BBQ Tastings
- Child Ages 4-11- $15 Admission includes Event Entry & Open Exhibits, Train & Trolley Rides, 1 Included BBQ Tasting. (Children 3 & under FREE)
COMPETITION TEAMS & BREWERY PARTNERS: Please see info below for details
- Competition BBQ Tastings – Attending Teams to be announced soon
- Local Brewery Tastings – Participating Breweries to be announced soon
- Live Music from Kanan Road Band
- Train & Trolley Rides
- Explore the Museum Campus and Open Historical Exhibits
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Maintain social distance whenever possible
- Self-assess prior to visit, and do not attend the event if you are exhibiting any COVID related symptoms